Thursday, February 3, 2011

#1 Husband

     The past few days have been real rough for me. I have been in a lot of pain while trying to pass these kidney stones, which I'm still working on, and Cody has been so awesome through it all so this is a big thank you to him!


  

CODY, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR...

  • Being patient and kind 
  • Filling my prescriptions and making all those trips to the pharmacy when they didn't have the medication
  • Bringing me magazines to keep me busy
  • Buying me flowers (that still smell so yummy!) 
  • Bringing me Buster the Get-Well Bear!
  • Staying home from work to take care of me and keep me company
  • Making me go back to the ER and patiently waiting all afternoon while I was drugged up on morphine and having my x-ray and ultrasound done
  • Keeping my water bottle filled and reminding me to drink up
  • Rubbing my back and laying with me when the pain was really bad
  • Encouraging me and reminding me that it will all be over soon
  • Loving me and always putting me first 


     I am so grateful to have a husband who cares about me and puts my needs before his own. I am still on the road to recovery as there are multiple stones in both my kidneys and I have no worries because I know that Cody will be there with me 100% at all times. With any luck though those other stones won't be big enough to bother me. I know kidney stones are not life threatening and there are worse things that could happen but believe me when I tell you that the pain is beyond extreme!  It is definately not like anything else I have ever experienced. 

Cody,

 I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

  1. Get well soon, Mal. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank goodness for a good hubby! I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better soon! I hope they pass quick! Just think how prepared you will be for labour after this experience. Take lots of drugs and drink lots of water. You are lucky to have such a great husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing, all that about encouraging you an drubbing your back, he'll be great during childbirth! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Cody. We're glad you're there for her. Mom

    ReplyDelete