Sunday, January 30, 2011

What a day...


Today has been just one of those days...





This is Ruby. She looks about how she was feeling this morning. She used to get frequent seizures but we found out her kidneys were not doing so well and put her on a diet and she hasn't had one for about 7 months. This morning however I went to take her outside and she stopped mid stride, fell over and peed all over her leg. She was seizing. Poor girl, she was doing so well. Hopefully it doesn't start happening a lot.

A couple hours later I headed into work and about 30 minutes after I got there I suddenly got a stabbing searing pain in the side of my back. It was the same pain I experienced just a couple days ago that woke me up and lasted all morning. This time it was about 20 times worse and I couldn't move. One of my co-workers made me go see a doctor in emerg, one of the perks of working in the hospital I guess. After a much needed shot of toradol in my hip and some blood work they decided on the culprit...

A KIDNEY STONE!

So for the next few days I will be drinking lots of cranberry juice, taking some drugs and urinating into a strainer to try and get the little guy out. I also have to go for an ultrasound just to be sure this is the real deal.

Wish me luck, I hear the pain can be worse than labor!

4 comments:

  1. EEEK! You poor girly! My gallstones were definitely worse than labor, so I feel your pain!!! When my dad had kidney stones, I had to take him to the hospital a couple times a day for a shot of Toradol... it wasn't fun to see him in that much pain. Good luck!!! Hopefully it passes asap!

    And hopefully Ruby is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you feeding Ruby things you shouldn't again? Why do you have kidney stones? No one else in the family does except Grandpa and you're way too young. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouch i'm sorry to hear mal...i don't want to even imagine how that's gonna feel passing that through. blaaah...get feelin' better!! and maybe put ruby on dilantin? would that help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH! Hope things turn out okay. Love ya, Jen

    ReplyDelete