Friday, September 17, 2010

Together At Last!

Are you having fun yet? So, how are you enjoying being married? Don't you just love being married? All different versions of the most asked question after a wedding, "How is married life treating you?" I have heard each of these numerous times over the past few weeks and have not yet been able to come up with an honest answer, or an answer at all, because, well, I've been married but have not been living the married life. Until now! Last night around midnight Ruby and I finally arrived at our new home in Fort McMurray. It was a long drive but I am happy to be here. Ruby did pretty good on the drive up and only really got antsy to get out when we drove through Edmonton. I think all the stopping at stop lights made her think she was going to get out of her kennel. But we got here safe and sound. I meant to take a picture of my car because it was packed right to the very top with all of my most important possessions, including of course my tv (thanks to my mom and dad who spent at least an hour with me trying to figure out how to fit my 48" tv into my seemily only 50" wide car and still being able to fit everything else in!). There was a check stop just outside of Fort McMurray and the police officers that I talked to just started to laugh and said, "I take it you are moving your whole life up to Fort McMurray?" To which I happily replied "I sure am!" Cody took the day off today to drive me into town so i could sign some papers for my new job and to spend some time with me as I start to get settled in. What a sweetheart! Although I'm not 100% sure what he was more excited about, spending time with me or having an excuse to skip work and decorate the house for halloween! (He even found some pretty sweet halloween dish towels for only a dollar at walmart) So back to the beginning of my post, "How is married life treating you?" So far so good! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog. However can you not make it so that it opens on your latest blog like mine does. It would be handier. Love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete