Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's Official...

I am moving all the way up north just in time for a very cold and very dark winter in the city of Fort McMurray! Cody has been working up there since February and I have been trying to find a job so that I could go and join him. Just 2 days before the wedding I interviewed for a job at the hospital there and today they offered me the position! I couldn't be more happy and more sad all at the same time! I am so excited to finally get to be with Cody full time now and to support my husband but at the same time I am very sad to be leaving home...again...for the third time! I guess I shouldn't be too sad, according to my track record we'll be back in the basement in just a few short years! I absolutely love living at home! What's not to love, food, shelter, family, everything you can imagine all for the small price of a dazzling smile and a loving hug when the parentals start to question whether they should be charging rent! I will officially be starting my job on September 20th. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without the best dog-sitters ever, my mom and dad, to take care of Ruby while I'm working! I'm sure they are going to say they are happy to see her go but I know they secretly wish she would stay! I wouldn't be surprised if the next time I come home they have a little bischon/shitzu puppy of their own! It has turned out to be a good day and things seem to be working out just as they should. I suppose there comes a time in everyone's lives when they have to grow up and leave home to live with their husbands! I can't wait to be with Cody but I will always call Welling my home! So a big thanks to my mom and dad for putting up with me and letting me live at home rent free! I love you both!

5 comments:

  1. congrats mal! that's UBER exciting news...is it the same job you had in lethbridge?

    and ru for real about living at home? i can't WAIT for the day when i can LEEEEEEEAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mal!, That is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! Fort McMurray is only 11 hours away from Saskatoon... now you can visit me FOR SURE! :P That's awesome Mally! Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get our own dog! Get real! Actually though I hope you will at least walk Ruby for a half hour or so every day up there and not leave her in the cage all the time. Sorry we've spoilt her with wide open spaces and freedom to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mal-

    I was so glad to stumble on your blog since I've been meaning to call and wish you all the best up north. We so enjoyed seeing you and only wished we could have spent more time with cody too. Now we can both be the ones who are far, far away. Love ya, and good luck. jen

    ReplyDelete