Friday, April 22, 2011

Goodbye Blockbuster


For those who don't know, I have been working part time at Blockbuster for the past few months. At first it was just something to get me out of the house and to have some extra spending money but as time went on it wasn't about that anymore. It became all about the FREE MOVIES! I love watching movies and as an employee of Blockbuster I was entitled to 10 free rentals a week, which never went wasted and came in real handy for my nights shifts at the hospital. And I got to take home all the new movies a week before they were released.

Today was my last shift. I am getting too busy working at the hospital to try and juggle a shift at Blockbuster in too and though I am relieved because I really didn't want to keep working there, I will greatly miss the benefits of never having to pay for movies. So goodbye Blockbuster...you have treated me well!

3 comments:

  1. gasp...for a second there i thought you were gonna tell me blockbuster was closing down (which will prolly eventually happen...) but i will cry big tears because i too love MOVIES and being able to see all the movie choices and have them at my reach! i'm glad the hospital is getting busier for you, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! No more free movies? That's good that you are getting more hours at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it's for such a good reason, and not because you screwed up or something. Having to quit is better than getting fired! Hee hee. I'm happy to hear you're picking up more work in your field. That's what you've been hoping for!

    ReplyDelete